Head coach of the national team of Kazakhstan on Boxing, Galymbek Kenzhebaev had named the squad that will travel to international Gee Bee tournament in Helsinki, reports Prosports.kz with reference to the press service of the NOC.
-Who became part of the team that will compete in the tournament in Finland?
– Gee Bee tournament will go to those members of the national team that went to tournaments in Bulgaria and Hungary. This experienced boxers, and the boys recently promoted from the youth team, for whom this will be the first foreign adult tournament. The full team looks like this: Erzhan Zhomart (49 kg), Azat Makhmetov (52 kg), Zhanbolat kydyrbayev (56 kg), Bagdad Uidai (60 kg), Mirasoli Sarsenov (64 kg), Talgat, Chicken (69 kg), Timur Erzhanov (81 kg), Nurbek Oralbay (75 kg), Timur Erzhanov (81 kg), Aibek Oralbay (91 kg) and Damir Taibai (over 91 kg). Marat Manashev, Zhamil ‘ Zhusupov and I will accompany the team in the tournament.
– What level of this tournament?
– Gee Bee has always been traditionally strong. We know that this year the competitions will join the national teams of Russia, India, Thailand, Kyrgyzstan, England, the Netherlands and the command of the Baltic countries. Now in Europe the row are tournaments that attract both young and experienced boxers. First come to improve their Boxing skills, the second is to maintain your level. The quality of these tournaments is high, to participate come not only European teams but also Asian. We also send our boxers in these international tournaments, so they don’t sit in one place, to have growth.
– Will the Outlook on the medals?
Making forecasts will not, but I hope that the guys will perform adequately and show good results.
– What other events are scheduled for the national team in March?
– The traditional international tournament “silk road”, which will be held in Baku. At the same time, we will have fees, where the team will prepare for the Asian championship.
– Feels like Abylaikhan Zhusupov? He recently injured his hand.
– Abylaikhan currently undergoing treatment in Astana. I hope that he soon will be again in the ranks. If all goes right, he might be able to join the March fees.