Saul Alvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs) has no intention of returning to middleweight in the coming months. Canelo revealed his plans for next year, and there is no place for the trilogy with Gennady Golovkin. To get this fight, the boxer Kazakhstan would have to change the weight category.
“I am currently a super middleweight boxer and want to combine all the titles in that weight class. So far I am only interested in this. I don’t even look at opportunities in other weight categories, ”said the Mexican.
Alvarez, 30, will face Callum Smith (27-0, 19 KO) at an evening in San Antonio this coming Saturday. The bet in their fight will be the WBA and WBC championship titles in 76 kg.
“If I beat Smith, I will strive to fight other world champions. Billy Joe Saunders and Caleb Plant are the opponents I watch. At the moment I am not interested in anything else, ”said Canelo.
For the Mexican boxer, Saturday’s performance will mark his return to the ring after more than a year’s hiatus. Alvarez’s last fight was held in light heavyweight, winning early over Sergey Kovalev.